Monday, June 1, 2009

The Bullpen Fails Again, Well Actually J.J fails Again.


By Brendan Costello

The bullpen fails again, well actually J.J fails again. The Mets started off the game with timely hitting and great base running. To add to the 5 nothing lead, Livan Hernandez was pitching very well, striking out six and giving up 3 in 5.2 innings of work. After Parnell showed ice water in his vein's by getting out of a jam in the 6th, I felt good.


The Mets bats went silent after the 4th, but I mean what do you expect. Give these guys some credit 5 runs should be enough to hold off the Pirates right? I guess not. The thing that bothers me is how it happened. J.J Putz, the man who is suppose to be the center piece off our bullpen blows it again, come on! The Mets are spending money you would spend on a closer on this man and he “can't get up for it"? Thats a disgrace to himself, to the Mets and to the faithful.


The more I watch this selfish choke artist, the more I agree on sending him out of here. The guy isn't sure if his arm is sore? Like really? Billy comes back in about 6 weeks and Parnell should be able hold down the fort until then. So please Omar, get what you can get for J.J while you still can.


The Mets are trying to give him confidence by sending Parnell out there in the 6th. Then by putting J.J in the 8th they were telling him, “Hey your still our man”. I'm so fed up with losses like this it's going to come back to haunt us.


I'm not saying the season is over or we should all be alarmed about what happened. The Mets did let one out of the bag tonight. Speaking for all Met fans watching the Pirate faithful awaiting the last out in the top of the 9th sent a cold chill down my spine.


A cruel reminder of last year rummaged through my head. Is this game a huge loss? No probably not, but lets hope we don't look back at the box score in early October and remember this one.

No comments: